In Trump’s America, child sex predators go free but children whose lives could be saved are kept out

In Trump’s America, child sex predators go free but children whose lives could be saved are kept out

Axios reports:

MAGA is pushing the Trump administration to explain why an Israeli official who was arrested in an undercover child sex sting in Nevada was allowed to leave the U.S. after posting bail.

Why it matters: The outrage marks the latest fissure between Israel and MAGA, which already faces a generational divide over how much the U.S. should support Israel amid the war and humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

Driving the news: Tom Artiom Alexandrovich, a senior Israeli cybersecurity official, was arrested during an undercover operation in Nevada targeting “child sex predators,” the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department announced Friday.

  • Alexandrovich posted a $10,000 bail without appearing before a judge and quickly fled to Israel, raising questions about why his passport was not confiscated.
  • Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the handling of the case was “standard,” and the State Department denied that the U.S. government intervened.

But acting U.S. Attorney Sigal Chattah, whose jurisdiction covers Nevada, posted on social media: “The individual who fled our country should have had his passport seized by the state authorities. He must be returned immediately to face justice.”

  • Chattah said that Attorney General Pam Bondi was “outraged” and placed calls to both her and FBI Director Kash Patel.

What they’re saying: MAGA influencers are up in arms, demanding the Trump administration push Israel for Alexandrovich’s swift extradition to the U.S. to stand trial.

  • “DOJ should file federal charges and demand immediate extradition,” podcaster Jack Posobiec wrote on X.
  • Two House Republicans known for their criticism of Israel — Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) — also posted about the case.
  • “What is going on here? Why would the United States allow a foreign government official charged with a child sex crime to avoid prosecution?” Tucker Carlson wrote in his newsletter.

[Continue reading…]

The New Arab reports:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office initially denied that the official had been arrested and confirmed they had returned to Israel.

“A state employee who travelled to the US for professional matters was questioned by American authorities during his stay,” the prime minister’s office said in a statement to Israeli media. “The employee, who does not hold a diplomatic visa, was not arrested and returned to Israel as scheduled.”

The Cyber Directorate later told Israeli media that the earlier statement “was accurate based on the information provided to us” and denied involvement in posting Alexandrovich’s bail. [Continue reading…]

Al Jazeera reports:

The State Department denial [of intervening in the case] has done little to sweep away the controversy. On social media, the case has drawn increased scrutiny and stoked speculations, with some likening Alexandrovich’s release and what they see as President Donald Trump’s administration burying the files related to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene raised the case on Tuesday, drawing a contrast between freeing Alexandrovich and blocking Palestinian children from Gaza from entering the US for medical care.

“Two recent decisions made by the State Department both involve children,” she wrote.

“We need to be the America that allows war torn children to come here for life saving surgeries and the America that never releases a foreign child sex predator that our great LEO’s [law enforcement officers] caught.” [Continue reading…]

Comments are closed.