Turkish prosecutor says Khashoggi was strangled and dismembered in Saudi Consulate

By | October 31, 2018

The Washington Post reports:

Turkey’s public prosecutor said Wednesday that Jamal Khashoggi was strangled and dismembered upon arrival at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul earlier this month as part of a premeditated plan to kill the prominent journalist and dispose of his body.

The statement, delivered as Saudi Arabia’s prosecutor left Istanbul for Riyadh, marked the most conclusive official description to date of what happened to the prominent journalist and Washington Post contributing columnist when he entered the diplomatic mission on Oct. 2.

It also intensified pressure on Saudi Arabia — now at the center of a global firestorm — to find its way out of a crisis that has elicited sharp criticism from Western allies and put the spotlight on the Trump administration’s close relationship with the kingdom.

Irfan Fidan, the Turkish prosecutor, said Khashoggi was “strangled as soon as he entered the consulate” in line with “premeditated plans.” [Continue reading…]

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.